Monday, January 23, 2012

Mirror.Me+Reflection

joshua hastings | mirror.me


I wasn't referred by a friend to the mirrorme site, I didn't hear about it from anyone either, I just stumbled upon it when I was searching for something else and i'm glad I did. I was really confused at first because there was not much of an explanation at that point, even now they are still in beta. However, they are doing a great job of expanding the list of users daily so that more and more people are able to get an accurate view of their true "REFLECTION".

You are probably wondering what a reflection is right? Your reflection is a list of the different things you write about in your social networks with all of the words varying in size dependent on their perceived importance to you.

When you get to the page, sign in using your twitter id and if this is your first time visiting it will take less then 5 minutes usually for your "reflection" to be compiled. Go ahead and go back to what you were doing for a little bit and then when you go back and refresh the mirror.me page you should see what they came up with. Once your able to see your reflection your able to adjust your topics size 1 by 1 to show their true importance to you if you think the formula got it a little wrong, or even delete a topic off completely.

Google+ is the other social network that your able to sign in with at this time. As I stated earlier, while they are still in beta and adjusting things to users preferance and trying to get it just right not everyone has been added yet. So say you sign in with google, it may say you have 924 friends and you actually have 4,000 in your circles, DON'T FREAK OUT, eventually you'll see a change. When I signed up it said I have around 300 friends and a week later it changed to now somewhere around 3,500 and i'm actually at about 5,500.

What i've talked about so far is just the beginning though. Check out the different labs available to some and have some fun. You can see your different groupings of who else has your same interests, look at pie charts to see how your followers break down or how who you follow breaks down, it's some pretty cool stuff and everything is free for now for everyone. I'm sure that will change eventually but while I don't think i'd pay no matter how low the price is over maybeeee $1 because I don't really NEED it, I think a lot of the options would be useful to certain types of people and businesses. I've had great interactions with the staff so far, and think they are one of the best companies i've dealt with on a personal level.

Hopefully, some of you give it a try. As always, I GET NOTHING OUT OF DOING THIS FROM THE PLACES I REVIEW. MIRROR.ME HAS NOT OFFERED TO COMPENSATE ME NOR KNOWS THAT I HAPPENED TO CHOOSE TO REVIEW THEM, I OFFER A COMPLETELY UNBIASED OPINION AND MY OPINIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OWN PERSONAL TAKE ON USEFULNESS OF A SITE, APP, PRODUCT, BUSINESS OR SERVICE.


UPDATE:After reading the comment below from Jenn (from mirror.me) I stand corrected in regards to changes coming in the future to a cost format, she stated they don't plan to use anything currently available to be changed to a available for a fee type which makes the site posssibilites in the future that much better. The best kind of product? THE FREE KIND OF COURSE.  Just want to note, from my post of a review it only took a few short hours before I noticed the comment. That just shows me yet again how onpoint they are with their users. Positive or Negative i've seen firsthand just how quickly everything is handled and it really is impressive, Keep UP THE GREAT WORK JENN AND EVERYONE ELSE AT MIRROR.ME.

1 comment:

  1. Joshua, thanks for the mirror.me review. What a pleasant surprise! I hope your readers find mirror.me as useful and exciting as you make it seem in this post.

    Just to let you know, we have no plans to charge for our service as it stands right now. Reflections and all their capabilities as well as the features in Labs will remain free to our users...although it's nice to hear that you'd maybe pay $1 :-)

    Thanks again for the great post!

    ReplyDelete