Monday, December 23, 2013

Vistaril/Hydroxyzine Pamoate Capsules For Generalized Anxiety

Vistaril or Hydroxyzine Pamoate as the generic version is called is a anti-histamine which has been shown to help patients experiencing anxiety symptoms in certain circumstances. A typical dose would be a 50mg capsule which is green on one end and white on the other. Typically it's acceptable to take up to 4 doses per day depending on the patients drug and medical history along with symptoms. For someone with a more active metabolism such as myself I take 2 50mg capsules right when I wake up, 2 after lunch, 2 after dinner and 2 more before bed.

Vistaril listing on RXLIST.com

In my experience the Hydroxyzine has def helped dampen the anxiety I have to try and deal with constructively on a daily basis. It is by no means a cure-all per se and without taking my other medications in addition to the Vistaril it is not as effective. When taking a drug like Vistaril it is important to gauge the effects honestly and openly with your doctor because it can have an effect on your ability to do certain motor functions such as drive safely. While I haven't noticed a "drowsiness" effect myself, it is on the warning label.

Always be sure to tell your counselor, therapist, psychiatrist, pharmacist, doctor, and anyone else prescribing medication all meds you are taking even the over the counter ones. It is extremely important to be honest and up front with medications because of possible adverse side effects when certain ones are combined...

No comments:

Post a Comment