Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hover Zoom extension/app

Hover zoom Google Project Homepage
Creator Romain Vallet's Google Plus Page




Hover Zoom is a Google Chrome extension which displays full size images when the mouse cursor is moved over their thumbnail.


Depending on what you use your computer for to entertain yourself with the HOVER ZOOM extension is quite useful.  The options include delay time between doing the actual "zooming" so everything you move the cursor over doesn't zoom. This is actually in the advanced features. If you choose to use "white-list mode" then the Hover Zoom is disabled except for on the sites you add to your list.  Other options include show captions, show zoomed pictures while loading and show icon in address bar. High Resolution zooming is also available when possible but they take more time to load which is something you are alerted to before checking the box.


Overall I think this is a great program and it has nearly no bugs from what I can tell. Obviously, there can be some but in the 6 months+ that I have been using it.  I'm using google chrome and windows 7 x64. Mostly it's been a help when doing something like making changes to my circles for instance in google plus. It seems like google is making everything smaller on just my computer and therefor I needed a little "boost" of "assistance" to see the people. I gotta make sure i'm not doing anything crazy like "accidentally" putting my older relatives such as my nana in a special category so as not to send her say a post on a mass murderer killing grandmothers in Massachusetts, or the Sports Illustrated Swim Suit issue. 


Anyways, give it a try and be sure to let me know what you think of the evaluation and the program itself here and on their page in the web store....they deserve the TheReviewTheyDon'tWantYouToSee BUMP, if you know what I mean!


No comments:

Post a Comment